The Department conducts a various environmental studies in the field of chemistry, computer science and environmental statistics many scientific publications in reputable IF journals and received scientific grants.
The Department cooperates with the industry on the implementation of joint research projects that allows for using scientific knowledge in order to solve practical problems related to the environmental protection that occur in the industry. The cooperation with the industry is also increasing the attractiveness of the Faculty to students, because of the attractive opportunity to gain experience and then find a good job.
The cooperation with the central governmental agencies and authorities (in particular with the Ministry of Environment, and other bodies of public administration) favors expanding the knowledge owned by these bodies, in particular concerning information in the field of environmental protection. The Department uses this information in the learning process.
The scientific projects conducted in cooperation with numerous commercial institutions and public administration give input to the integration of science with the industry and allow for the practical application and implementation of research results.
Some of the cooperating institutions:
- UNESCO (ang. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization),
- The Space Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences (Centrum Badań Kosmicznych),
- University of Georgia, USA,
- University of Technology and Life Sciences (Uniwersytet Technologiczno-Przyrodniczy – the UTP),
- The Institute of Agrophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences (Instytut Agrofizyki Polskiej Akademii Nauk),
- Opole University (Uniwersytet Opolski),
- Maritime University of Szczecin (Akademia Morska w Szczecinie),
- Institute of Environmental Protection – National Research Institute (Instytut Ochrony Środowiska – PIB),
- Companies connected to shale gas extraction in Poland,
- The Silesian University of Technology (Politechnika Śląska),
- University of Silesia, Faculty of Life Sciences (Uniwersytet Śląski w Sosnowcu, Wydział Nauk o Ziemi),
- Ministry of Climate and Environment (Ministerstwo Klimatu
- The Regional Council of Mazovia Voivodeship (Urząd Marszałkowski Województwa Mazowieckiego),
- City Hall of Warsaw (Urząd M.St. Warszawy),
- Ekokogeneracja S.A.,
- Ekohybres Sp. z o.o.,
- Tesco Polska Sp. z o.o,
- Renault Polska Sp. z o.o.,
- Military Institute of Medicine (Wojskowy Instytut Medyczny),
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW (Szkoła Główna Gospodarstwa Wiejskiego),
- Gdynia Maritime University (Uniwersytet Morski w Gdyni),
- Collegium Civitas,
- Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology (Instytut Chemii i Techniki Jądrowej),
- High schools in Poland,
- Pruszków City Hall (Urząd Miasta w Pruszkowie),
- The Research Institute of Pomology (Instytut Sadownictwa i Kwiaciarstwa w Skierniewicach).